First CT Scan aft MOAS

As we shared in our last post, the liver function showed improvement and slightly drop in CEA, C125 & C19-9 tumour marker from GP clinic’s blood test.

However the blood test results at hospital is different. The CEA is stated high as 16.60 (which about the value as before surgery) and C19-9 showed increase too. C125 results is the same as the blood test we took at GP clinic. To the oncologist worries, the cancer cell has already spreading and caused the increase. Thus we were immediately scheduled for CT scan (Chest, abdominal & pelvic) last Friday. She advised not to rush for the reversal during this moment as my hubby might eventually need to go for chemotherapy. If stoma reversal is done, they need to rest the body for few weeks and thus will delay the chemotherapy treatment. We were confused for different results/trend that we got from doctor versus our own blood test at GP clinic. But still we are firm for not doing chemotheraphy. Opps, sorry.. No thanks.

So, we had our meeting today to discuss the CT scan results.


Axillary adenopathy No
Mediastinal adenopathy No
Hilar adenopathy No
Pleural effusion No
Pericardial effusion No
Lung Stable, small calcification in the posterior basal segment left lower lobe
Adrenals Normal
Liver Normal, Stable nonspecific 0.5cm tiny hopodensity
Spleen Normal
Pancreas Normal
Gall Bladder Right kidney is smaller than the left but contrast enhancement is symmetrical. This may be post-obstructive change
Abdominal adenopathy No
Ascites No
Peritoneal nodules Nodular thickening of the peritoneum mainly in the right abdomen may be postsurgical change but underlying tumour cannot be excluded. Please monitor
Bowel Posterior to the sigmoid colon is a 1.4 x 0.7cm hypodense collection superior to the anastomotic site. It is undetermined for post surgical change vs recurrence.
Pelvic adenopathy No
Pelvic organs No
Destructive Bony Lesion No


Noticed some post surgery obstruction. Some small non-enhancing collection may be postsurgical change. However, recurrence cannot be excluded. Please monitor.

Our oncologist comment that there is NO significant tumour found for recurrence but the tumour marker is not normalized so she still suggested that we should go for chemotherapy. She then scheduled for next 3mths CT scan.

We chit-chat with her awhile talking about other stuff and then we left.

RELIEVED!!!! Waiting for the Scan results was a nightmare and we were overwhelmed by tons of uncertainty and worries. To be frank, we will not go for chemotherapy even today’s scan showed tumours or any metastasis. We will still continue to trust our body and power up our immunity army, I think our body needs time and it will not be back to healthy in just an overnight’s time. We will continue to wait for the next CT scan with the hope for the tumour shrinked or disappeared. Are we too rush in pursuing for “cure”?  There is no “Cure”, everyone has cancer cells. We just need to balance up its growth. In fact, we are not rejecting conventional treatment but I think everyone should really think cautiously and give yourself sometimes before deciding the next treatment. Different cancers react differently. I just don’t buy the idea that the same treatment/drug given to all different cancers patients. Our medical oncologist comment that it will be an insurance for my hubby to do chemotheraphy. I think she is wrong. We are actually taking a very high risk for attempting chemotheraphy giving his health condition at that time even now. Also the pressure of rejecting chemotheraphy was an intense one. But we stay focus & listen to our body.

So our beloved cancer friends might start taking rest and hibernate. We thank to “you”, for decided to rest & please continue to rest and make peace with us.

Also to our Immunity army, we apologised for being overworked “you” over the past years without taking care of your needs. We are now learn to listen to “you” and lets stay strong together!



CEA Cancer Marker & Liver function Tracking

This is the tracking from pre/post surgery and recovery. You may read how surgery stressed our liver and takes us month to recover. The blood results for Feb, Mar & Apr was done at our GP clinic as I am getting more skeptical about hospital results. It is better to always get 2nd referral.

Yes, the CEA & C19-9 increased rapidly right 2mths after surgery on Mar blood test. We were devastated when we read the report because the liver profile was also quite bad.

Recurrence? Maybe. As we already read that any surgery might “explode” the cancer cell and let them attack you when you were weaken. So nothing to be surprised. Regret of rejecting chemo? No, we are still quite firm about it. Our body needed rest, so what the cancer came back? Our body was weaken, low nutrition (Ensure milk? Pls dont be naive) and cancer is the only strong cell in the body. Their growth is in expectation.

We continue to do what we think its right. We actually live more happily than before by accepting the fact of being cancer patient and believe in cancer as a friend.

On early Apr, we did another bloodtest to countercheck hospital results. We were thrilled that all the CEA & rest marker has drop slightly and the liver results are in normal range. My hubby liver has start functioning again. Detoxification & immunity is critical now. We believe that if liver and immunity system is working at optimum, cancer wont be able to grow in very rapid way (his appendix cancer is an aggressive type). Our body has the greatest army to balance the peace (between the growth of normal cell & cancer cell). So feed your army and power them up with antioxidant & phytonutrient, the grenade!

Did doctor check for your detox & immunity function? I guess no. So how well they know our body?

Coming to Apr, its time to talk about reversal. We did another blood test at hospital today. I will update again in next post.